Week 8 Comments and Feedback

I actually like the comments and feedback I've been receiving from fellow students in this class. They tend to be very thoughtful, considerate, and substantial.


The comments and feedback that I've been receiving from my fellow classmates have been improving the quality of my writing in several ways.


My classmates have been using smart feedback strategies such as WWW or TAG/Pretend, which prompt them to attentively read my stories and be considerate and thoughtful when leaving comments.


The kind of comments that I personally find most useful is comments that followed the WWW strategy. Specifically, 'I wonder' and 'what if' parts of their comments have made me ponder again about my stories and add more details and fix small flaws in the stories.


To be completely honest, I think the quality of comments and feedback that I leave for other students tend to be lesser quality than comments and feedback I receive from other students. I have thoroughly read the stories and always followed smart feedback strategies such as WWW or TAG strategies before leaving comments on other students' blog posts. Nevertheless, because other students are leaving such good comments and feedback, I always see myself some need of improvement for my comments and feedback for others.


Every single student in this class writes differently with different personal writing style, so I do get many good ideas to improve my writing when I see and read others' writings.


I do feel a sense of connection when there is a constant flow of comments and feedback back and forth with other students. I'm pretty content and happy with my first introduction post and the design of my comment wall, so I think they provide a fairly good space for people to get to know me.


I feel like I shouldn't be too afraid to ask questions about other stories. Oftentimes, I felt like doing so could embarrass other students. But as I have read other students' feedback and comments over the course of this semester, I have found that my fellow classmates aren't afraid to ask questions (hence it's part of WWW and TAG strategies) when they are confused or don't understand certain parts of the stories.

   

I chose this image from growth mindset and feedback cats web page because this image defines what I believe about feedback and comments. Sometimes we can mess up our stories and writings, but we rather grow from that failure experience. In other words, we don't become the failure. I chose this image in particular because I thought this image of cat climbing a tree looked truly inspirational. This cat might fall off the tree, but that doesn't make him a failure. He can try again and reach the top of the tree, so this cat never is a failure. 





Failure doesn't define us. Source: Cat climbs a tree

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Peter the Real Estate Agent

Week 8 Progress