Week 14 Review

The Semester Horse (graphic)

I find this marvelous horse to be relevant to my current situation. It gets tougher to stay on focus and finish strong when the semester gets closer to the end. We had Thanksgiving and now Christmas is on the way. Yet I do feel like it's super important to keep focused on academics and keep in mind of the large amounts of tuition that we have paid as students. The graphic is so funny and it caught my attention right away when I saw this.



Eyes on the stars (video)

I really like this narrative video. It's about what it's like to grow up as a Black child in the 1950's when everybody was racist. It really hit my heart that a nine-year-old boy who came to library could be considered to be a "disturbance". It's very sad. But the power of reading and books are powerful as it was demonstrated in the video. The boy was obsessed with stars and science fiction and eventually became an astronaut. As this video demonstrates, books and reading can change a person's destiny. It was an inspiring video.




Reading changes a person's life. Source: Reading changes life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Peter the Real Estate Agent

Week 8 Progress