Learning Challenge: Empathy Challenge: Watch for Empathy

I've watched my classmate Jackson. Jackson is a really empathetic and compassionate guy who wants to be a pastor. I don't come from Norman, and I don't know much about this place. In fact, I've struggled to find locations and places in Norman. Jackson is a local Norman who was born and raised here in Norman. He went to Norman High School and graduated there.


Jackson and I got to know each other through an official OU student program called OU Cousins. It's a program that matches one international or exchange student with an American student.


Jackson has always been a good listener who would rather listen than talk. When I asked Jackson how he could patiently and attentively listen others, including myself, so well, he said he is interested in others' needs and that's how he became such a good listener.



Another empathy that I've observed from Jackson is that he is kind to anyone and is very consistent in his kindness. He isn't a moody person who might be nice one day, and mean on the other day. Jackson is a consistently kind person, and he told me that it's all possible because of God's love. I've been to his church many times, and Jackson would often give sermons to people.


Nonetheless, Jackson has never forced his religion to me. Like Jackson, who is a gentle, quiet, compassionate, and kind person, I want to become someone who is a good listener and genuinely interested in the needs of other people.



The Holy Bible. Source: The Bible

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Peter the Real Estate Agent

Week 8 Progress