Topic Brainstorm

 Unmannerly Tiger

Although there are literally thousands upon thousands of possible interesting topics for my topic brainstorming, the very first topic that came in my mind was Korean folk tales. Indeed, I'm native Korean myself who was born, raised, and grown up in Seoul, South Korea. So one story that really caught my attention was this story of Unmannerly Tiger. This story tells well about the significance of the animal tiger plays in traditional Korean folk tales and legends. Sometimes the animal plays a good role, and sometimes it plays a bad role. Regardless, Korean people regard tiger as a national animal that represents brave and fearless spirit of the people. I can think of interesting stories being made out of this folk tale. 



Life of Buddha: Siddhartha Leaves


I have always found the life story of Buddha very fascinating. His life story is all about thinking, meditation, and self-reflection, which are the kinds of activities that I like to do as well. After having long moment of deep thinking and self-reflection, Prince Siddhartha (Buddha's birth name) decides to leave his kingdom to find a true meaning of life. I can certainly think of interesting stories being made out of this folk tale.


Arabian Nights: The Merchant and the Genius


This story of Arabian Nights is interesting because it is all about persuasion and cleverness. The merchant speaks very clever and persuasively to the genius who wants to kill him. The merchant could have postponed his death because he persuaded the genius with reasonable reasons. This story also makes me think about various kinds other stories that I create about being clever and speaking persuasively.



Aesop's Fables: The Gods


Aesop's fable about the gods was an interesting read. It is brief, yet has several interesting storytelling in the fable. I liked how it talked about different sizes and characteristics of the orbital planets in unique and creative ways. This Aesop's fable definitely made me think of several creative ways for interesting stories about the planets and space. 





Unmannerly Korean Tiger. Source: Unmannerly Tiger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Peter the Real Estate Agent

Week 8 Progress