Storybook Favorites

I have found three very interesting storybooks from other students' blogs. One interesting storybook that I really caught my attention is about Egyptian Goddess Isis (Don't be confused with Islamic State!).





The author did a great job in design and introduction. She explained who Egyptian goddess Isis is in an interesting way. Isis was a very important goddess in Egyptian mythology who protected children. The author also explained about goddess Isis in a storytelling manner, which I thought was very interesting and effective way of explaining. I was swept up in reading about goddess Isis because she is a critical figure in Egyptian mythology.




Second interesting storybook that I have found is about OU freshman's scary stories. 





The author, Sonali, did a great job at creating really fascinating, yet creative horror stories. The characters in the horror stories are OU freshmen who are new to OU Norman campus, and they explore the campus memorial buildings such as Holmberg, Memorial Union, and Bizzell library. The author did a really great job at creating interesting campus horror stories. It was a really creative effort, and this storybook is the most creative and the best storytelling narrative I have ever found out of previous students' blogs. The way she narrated the characters' voices and thoughts are amazingly well-written (Sonali really is a great narrative writer). 



Third interesting storybook I have found is about Korean tales. 



I'm native Korean myself, and I have grown up listening to those legends and fairy tales from grandmothers in bedtime. I have grown up hearing the fairy tale story of Sun and Moon, as well as interesting legends of the planets. I finally found a storybook that is very relevant and familiar to my background! While reading the storybook, I have felt like I'm at home hearing my grandmothers telling the stories in bedtime again. The author also did a fantastic job in design with authentic Korean-theme images.    




                                   Fireside Folktale. Source: Korean Tales

       



Comments

  1. Hi Peter! This is the one assignment that is different for the two classes this week; you need to look at some Myth-Folklore Storybooks too, in addition to Indian Epics. I just extended the deadline for people who didn't get a chance to finish this assignment (you probably got an email about that), so you can take some time later today to browse the Myth-Folklore Storybooks also and see what the projects are like there, and then write up a post about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry Professor Laura. I was confused. I've fixed the two blogs (one for Myth Folklore and one for Indian Epics). Thank you very much for letting me know.

      Delete
    2. That works, Peter: super! And you found the Korean Storybook someone did years ago! That was such a great semester: everybody in the class got to learn some Korean folktales thanks to that project. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Peter the Real Estate Agent

Week 8 Progress